The BAM! Blog

This blog serves as merely a means for my family and friends to check up on me and see what I'm up to. If you have something better to do than look at this meaningless mess of pictures and letters (which hopefully come together to make real words), then please follow the instructions contained in the address for this page. If not, then have fun reading about my misadventures, and I truly hope that something more exciting and meaningful happens to you very soon.

Name:
Location: Wouldntyouliketoknow, Tennessee

I like to laugh, listen to music, and live every day to the fullest.

Monday, May 22, 2006

My Summer's Better Than Yours

Well, I haven't posted anything since March, and I'm betting a lot of you considered this blog to be a bit of an orphan. Not so! Like a negligent father shunting his responsibilites, I am ashamed, but willing to take the time and effort to save the bits and pieces of the relationship we once had. Oh, the memories! Remember that one time I posted? And that other time? Good times.
Anyway, my summer is far superior to anyone else's. I've looked it over, and I just don't see how it could possibly be any better (excluding life-changing accidents, like winning the lottery or finding out that Bill Gates is your biological father (which, by the way, could be true for my friend Brian Cox. I mean really, he does look a little like him, ignoring the red hair and everything else that doesn't support my stance. Okay, fine, they both wear glasses, and that's the entire foundation to my argument, but he should get one of those DNA tests done just in case.))
First, I went back home and enjoyed life after exams. Then I went to see my friends graduate the following weekend, and those were kind of sad times. Bethany, Rachel, Keith, and Mark will be dearly missed, and anyone else I'm forgetting (and yes, I do realize the irony behind what I just said. It's intentional. I'm not stupid.) Last Thursday I went to a Imogene Heap concert in Knoxville with Lindsey and Shannon, and that was fun. I'm still not a die-hard fan or anything (what does that expression mean, by the way?) but it was pretty good. Now I'm staying with my aunt and uncle in Atlanta, and they're keeping me pretty busy. They're nice, though, so at least I'm having fun while I'm here. Next week I'll be going to Litchfield, SC (that's a beach) with my family, and the day after I get back I have to pick up Shawn (that's a person) and we'll go to our job orientation to be desk workers. Then I'll have about five days off before packing up all the stuff I just unpacked and heading right back to the school I just left.
I'll be staying at the Honors House (which deserves to be capit(a or o?)lized) and have my very own room for about three weeks. Then Ben will come back and I will have to move all of my stuff across the hall to David's room.
I'd like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to David, who may eventually regret ever even bringing up the idea of being roommates, but if he does, it's his own fault. Actually, we'll all probably get along fine, granted everyone's rooting for the same soccer team. I personally don't have a favorite at the moment, but I will restlessly investigate this strange, manic world known as Futbol and let you know which team I support, just as soon as the World Cup is over and done with (for my own health and safety). Sometime in there, Shawn, Beth, and I are going to go to Loretta Lynn's house and hear her sing! I'm so excited at the mere thought. I hope she has a yard sale!
After school ends, I get to go to... (are you ready for this?) WASHINGTON D.C.!!! Shawn and I will go up and visit our very good friend, Brittany, who has graciously invited us into her home after I informed her that we would be staying there. We'll see all the traditional sights, possibly get arrested, and definitely dine with Bill Frist and Lamar Alexander. Oh, and Preston will be an intern for Lamar, so we'll be sure to hang out with him as much as his duties as an intern allows him to.
After that extravaganza, I'm hoping to go to a Fiona Apple concert with Lindsey and Shannon, granted that Fiona actually has a concert and stops being so elusive and secretive. I'm not really sure what I'll do for the next two weeks after that but I'm sure I'll have fun.
Good grief! I hope I do this much typing on my Honors Project. I think I developed arthritis and carpal tunnel just typing this post. Oh, well. If you've been mentioned in this post, I'd just like to say THANK YOU for helping to make my summer a fun time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home